Currently advertised disclosable Executive roles
Independent Non Executive Director
Jellis Craig is a residential real estate business based on ethics, integrity and personal service. Established thirty years ago, Jellis Craig has evolved and grown to become one of Melbourne’s leasing real estate groups. Today, Jellis Craig is represented by over 750 professional staff through a network of 27 offices across metropolitan Melbourne and lifestyle locations.
For the first time, Jellis Craig will be appointing at least one Independent Non-Executive Director (NED) to the Corporate board which currently consists of shareholder Directors. The initial term of the appointment will be 3 years.
Jellis Craig have chosen to appoint an Independent NED to maximise growth opportunities in the industry, strengthen their governance protocols and accountabilities, and to challenge Jellis Craig with outside thinking as they continue their evolution.
The principal focus of the Independent NED will be to:
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to the organisation
- Ensure robust governance policies are maintained, developed and implemented
- Contribute to managed growth and development of the Jellis Craig network
- Ensure Jellis Craig is accountable to shareholders and responsive to other stakeholder groups
- Promote, discern and protect the legal and reputational interests of the group
- Ensure the financial viability and sustainability of Jellis Craig
You will have:
- Demonstrated experience as an independent NED within growth businesses
- Confidence to constructively challenge ideas around the board table
- A passion for private business and an understanding for their complexities when scaling
- A keen interest in the property market and industry trends
To submit an expression of interest, please email your application and CV to: email@example.com quoting JCCNED in the subject line. For a confidential discussion call Tom Hutchinson or René Johnson from Pacific Search Partners on 03 9631 1500.
Non Executive Directors
MLA delivers research, development and marketing services to Australia’s cattle, sheep and goat producers and in so doing, supports the development of regional Australia. MLA is a public company limited by guarantee and has approximately 50,000 livestock producer members.
The MLA Board provides strategic guidance and effective oversight of the management and performance of MLA in delivering its strategy. The Board operates under mature corporate governance and risk management frameworks to ensure producer levies, government matching dollars and partner funds are invested effectively and in the right areas to ensure the continuing prosperity of this important Australian industry.
As a skills-based Board and in line with specific requirements, candidates with extensive commercial skills and experience in one of the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Board role 1 – Food science, technology and nutrition with a proven record in research, development and adoption
- Board role 2 – Strategic marketing and market development with proven impact at a domestic and international level
All candidates must have a genuine interest in, and a broad understanding of, the Australian Red Meat and Livestock industry, strong business acumen supported by demonstrable strategic aptitude, financial literacy, a sound understanding of good governance and well-developed communication skills. Key industry issues include animal welfare, sustainability, community and consumer perceptions, market access, commercializing R&D and accelerating adoption.
The expected time commitment will be a minimum of 50 days per year to include scheduled Board meetings, additional committee responsibilities, videoconferences and travel etc. MLA is committed to providing an environment which respects and promotes equality and diversity to better reflect their sector and the industry’s key markets.
MLA welcomes and encourages all suitably qualified candidates to apply. For further information on MLA and an information pack outlining the application process, please refer to http://www.mla.com.au/directorguidelines
To express your interest, email your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting MLA in the subject box, and/or call (03) 9631 1500 for a confidential discussion.
Closing date: Friday, 28 May, 2021