Currently advertised disclosable Executive roles
General Manager Finance – Property & Construction
+ Newly created GM Finance role with leading construction business in Melbourne - privately owned, entrepreneurial executive team and growth ahead...
- Newly created GM Finance role with private Melbourne construction business
- Reports to Managing Director, entrepreneurial executive team in place
- Establish financial / commercial platforms to meet growth forecasts
The General Manager Finance is responsible for overseeing the commercial operations and financial reporting requirements of the business, whilst ensuring the company is adequately prepared for the scale required to achieve their strategic objectives. By providing informed commercial and strategic insights to the Directors, key financial metrics will be achieved and business risks will be well managed.
The responsibilities included below are indicative of the role, but by no means exhaustive:
- Manage the financial control function, including general ledger integrity, payables and receivables, reconciliations, monthly P&L/balance sheet/cash flow reporting and payroll.
- Manage the financial analysis and planning function including budgeting, financial forecasting, periodic reporting, and financial modelling.
- Oversee the management of cashflows, funding and overall capital requirements of the business.
- Partner with advisory firm on tax planning/compliance and business structuring.
- Manage governance process for ATO, Compliance Audits and risk management process.
- Commercial and financial planning advisory role to the Directors including analysis of current and past trends in KPIs including all areas of revenue, sales, margins and overall shareholder return metrics.
- In collaboration with the Directors, confirm the strategic direction for the company in accordance with the strategic planning process.
- Provide strategic support to Directors with the development of any project that requires capital investment or is material to the business.
- Manage the overall requirements of Company Secretary for the business, including shareholder correspondence and provision of reporting.
- Oversee management of information technology systems and strategy to ensure capability is aligned with business requirements.
- Provide strong leadership and direction around people and culture initiatives.
- Adhere to all company HS&E policies and procedures, and also any relevant legislation regarding health, safety and environment.
To be successful in securing this role, the General Manager Finance will have:
- A Commerce or Accounting degree and be CAANZ / CPA qualified.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Finance Manager / Controller role including accountability to Boards and managing shareholder relations.
- Commercial and strategic leadership experience within dynamic private enterprises that have experienced growth (construction, property, project management industries preferred).
- Strong understanding of key business functions including sales & marketing, estimating, contractor management, HSE, governance and technology.
- The resilience, tenacity and application of change management principles to succeed in developing and improving risk management frameworks, financial models and corporate reporting standards.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully leading a team.
- The highest standards of professionalism, integrity and ethics pursuant to the responsibilities of the position and being a representative of such a recognisable and high-quality brand.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with an ability to develop and build rapport instantly with people.
- A commercial basis for decision making, with an eye to business impact and efficiency gains.
Non-Executive Directors x 3
+ Pacific Search Partners are delighted to be partnering with Meat & Livestock Australia to conduct a national search for three Non-Executive Directors.
+ Outstanding financial leadership opportunity in a large, market leading Food Manufacturer (inner West Melbourne)
- Highly successful multinational food business with major operations in Australia
- Influential member of Senior Management
- Executive level remuneration package
Our client is a leading Multi-National food manufacturer with major operations throughout Australia. The organisation has enjoyed a sustained period of growth and is continuing to pursue expansion in the Australian market. Employing well over 10,000 people in Australia, our client has developed a reputation as a market leader in manufacturing the highest quality products for the domestic market whilst also exporting from Australia to a range of countries worldwide. In Australia, the organisation is split into 3 major operating divisions each with their own management structure headed by a Chief Operating Officer.
Reporting to the COO of the Southern Business Unit, the Financial Controller (Divisional CFO) will have financial oversight of the business unit and provide analytical support to the COO and leadership team for key strategic decisions. Success in the role will depend on this person’s ability to provide strong financial stewardship across a number of large, disparately located manufacturing sites. It is a Melbourne based role leading a team of 20+ direct and indirect finance/ accounting professionals.
- Ensure management are provided with accurate weekly financial estimates and monthly results for each Plant to inform strategic decision making,
- Build and nurture a strong business partnering mentality within the finance team, providing support on all matters relating to the plant performance and financial processes,
- Manage queries from Group and International Management regarding proper accounting for all aspects of business operations,
- Drive the Standard Cost Process for pricing, working with the business to guarantee accurate and meaningful insights into cost/pricing per SKU’s,
- Through the team, analyse standard to actual cost variances. Identify challenges and opportunities and recommend corrective actions as indicated by performance to meet cost performance targets,
- Provide recommendations for process improvements, provide feedback on and review processes & controls prior to site roll out,
- Build a competent, capable and committed workforce to meet present and future organisational needs,
- Drive group discussions regarding process changes and determine best process and controls for the business,
- Oversee Plant Accountants to ensure all areas of responsibility are completed timely and accurately.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proven financial leadership in Food Manufacturing and/ or the Manufacturing industry essential,
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is a must, SAP desirable,
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing large teams,
- Strong management accounting background with a demonstrated ability to quickly resolve issues,
- Cost Accounting and Standard Costs/Pricing knowledge is a must
- Degree qualification in accounting/ finance or related field,
- CA or CPA Qualified.
A tremendous leadership opportunity in a highly successful, market leading business with a strong growth agenda.
Pacific Search Partners have been exclusively retained for this appointment. For a confidential discussion with the advising Consultant, James Lazarus, contact Pacific Search Partners on +61 3 9631 1500.