Currently advertised disclosable Executive roles
Part-time Head of Finance (Property development & Asset manager)
+ Newly created Head of Finance role, 3 days/week. Private property developer and asset manager, succession planning for Exec Director/CFO retirement...
- Newly created Head of Finance role, private property developer & asset manager
- Vic & QLD assets, South Melbourne head office inc. car park
- Part-time role (3 days/week), attractive remuneration package on offer
The Head of Finance will manage finance operations and commercial decision-making support throughout the business. They will partner with the Melbourne based shareholders to strengthen existing financial processes and reporting, and drive additional financial discipline and commercial efficiencies throughout operations.
We are seeking a proven finance professional with experience advising shareholders within private business environments, preferably with a property background. They will need to be an effective relationship manager and be aspirational in their standards and vision for the future development pipeline of the business. Core accountabilities in the role include:
- Planning – participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team; development of structuring & tax strategies; management of capital requests and budgeting processes; development of performance measures and monitoring systems that support the organisation’s strategic plans.
- Operations – oversee transactional accounting processes; manage 3rd parties to which accounting, IT or finance functions have been outsourced; supervise acquisition due diligence and assist in corporate development negotiations; implement financial and administrative operations best practice.
- Financial reporting – maintain integrity of the GL and oversee issuance of periodic financial information to shareholders, lenders and other statutory authorities.
- Treasury – monitor cash balances and forecasts and maintain banking relationships with Tier 1 lenders including arranging debt financing and covenant reporting.
- Risk Management – construct and monitor reliable control systems and reporting frameworks to the Board; monitor legal issues involving the group; maintain appropriate insurance coverage across assets; ensure that group complies with all legislative responsibilities including those contained within the Retail Tenancy Act.
- Tertiary qualification in accounting/business and CAANZ or CPA membership;
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in commercial finance roles with a track record of advising shareholders in private businesses;
- Experience gained within a Big 4 or mid-tier Chartered firm (Business services or tax) to at least Manager or Director level plus industry experience within a property business would be highly regarded;
- Be proficient in financial modelling and stakeholder reporting, with advanced Excel skills;
- Be an inspiring leader who can make a meaningful contribution to strategy as part of the executive team, and then translate that into clear operational priorities;
- Be highly literate with general IT skills and integrations into accounting and business practice systems;
- Be able to execute at a speed whilst maintaining high quality;
- Be flexible to embrace the challenges of working in a privately owned, entrepreneurial business; &
- Display outstanding interpersonal, personal presentation, negotiation and communication skills.