Currently advertised disclosable Executive roles
Senior Industrial Relations (IR) Advisor
+ Outstanding Brisbane based opportunity for an experienced Senior Industrial Relations (IR) Advisor to work for a large successful Australian company
- Help shape & guide IR across a large national workforce
- Highly successful market leading business
- Brisbane based role
Our client is a leading Multi-National food manufacturer with expansive operations in Australia and Internationally. The organisation has enjoyed a sustained period of growth and is continuing to pursue expansion in the Australian market. Employing over 10,000 people, our client has developed a reputation as a market leader in delivering the highest quality products to the domestic market whilst also exporting from Australia to a range of countries worldwide.
This influential role will form a critical part of the Corporate Industrial Relations (IR) Team and be responsible for providing support, advice and representation of our client’s IR activities.
- Preparation, negotiation, drafting and implementation of Enterprise Agreements, policies/procedures and workforce changes to support business objectives, including negotiation with Unions, government departments and employees.
- Assist with ensuring that Enterprise Agreements are negotiated in accordance with relevant legislation, industrial instruments and policies and are implemented in a timely manner.
- Ensure workplace changes are managed in consultation with all stakeholders and in accordance with legislation.
- Interpretation of enterprise agreements and awards, ensuring negotiated enterprise agreements are compliant with relevant legislation and review existing agreements to identify areas of risk & opportunity.
- Provide operational support and advice in matters relating to employment legislation, policies, procedures, performance management, investigations and disciplinary matters.
- Assist with ensuring that the workforce plan, employment and IR plan comply with legislative and statutory requirements.
- Previous experience in large national manufacturing and/or industrialised workforce.
- Relevant IR qualifications in addition to 5 years legal/ consulting/ industry experience.
- Significant experience regarding enterprise agreements, including the ability to review, draft and negotiate and achieve optimal business outcomes.
- Ability to liaise and communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders, including unions.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Federal and State Industrial Relations legislation.
- Significant experience in interpreting workplace agreements, awards, industrial instruments and other employment related legislation.
- Experience in the application of pay packages, payroll databases and costing tools, including penalty rates, allowances, over agreement payments etc.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role, please contact James Lazarus on 03 9631 1500.
General Counsel/Deputy-Company Secretary
+ Outstanding in-house legal role in dynamic mining sector.
- Key legal leadership role in ASX 200 company
- Dynamic gold mining company
- Local and International assets
The Company is looking to appoint a General Counsel & Deputy Company Secretary to manage and direct all the legal activities of the group and to deputise to the current Company Secretary. This is a busy role in a dynamic ASX listed mining company.
The purpose of this role is to provide legal and company secretarial support and services to the St Barbara Group. The role is critical to the ongoing success of the business and accordingly will have the following significant responsibilities:
- Providing high quality direct-output legal advice.
- Contracting and managing the provision of legal services from specialist external providers.
- Reviewing and providing advice about contracts authorised for legal review.
- Providing high quality materials and support to the Company Secretary in all Company Secretarial matters including AGM, Board and Committee minutes.
- Provision of support in government and stakeholder engagement including providing advice (both commercial and legal) on permitting and legislation.
- Maintaining legal practice management records.
- Providing reports for the Executive, Board and periodic legal updates.
- Maintaining the Corporate Services Legal Risk Register and conducting risk management review of Corporate Services.
- Preparing appropriate resources and tools to assist in the education of the workforce in the Company’s Code of Conduct.
- Ensuring the appropriate legal systems are in place.
This person will hold tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline with at least 10 years’ experience as a senior legal professional in an Australian public company with:
- A degree or post graduate degree in law;
- A strong track record of success as a legal advisor in a listed company;
- Demonstrated statutory reporting experience;
- Sound understanding of corporate governance principles and ASX Listing Rules and Corporations Act requirements as they relate to public companies;
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills;
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills;
- Proven leadership capability;
- Commercial acumen; and
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control skills.
Desirable but not essential:
- Resources industry experience
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Corporate Governance
The advising consultant, René Johnson, can be contacted for a confidential discussion on +61 3 9631 1500.