Currently advertised disclosable Executive roles
Non-Executive Director – Banking
+ Experienced retail banker with Audit and/or Risk committee experience.
+ Leadership of the legal function in a progressive mining company.
General Manager Communications
+ Outstanding communications role leading a substantial team in a high profile membership organisation
- Influential Executive role, reporting to Managing Director
- 3 direct reports - total team of 21
- Role can be Sydney or Brisbane based
MLA works in partnership with the red meat industry and the Australian Government to deliver marketing, research and development products and services to cattle, sheep and goat producers, with the core purpose of fostering prosperity of the Australian red meat industry.
The General Manager Communications is responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership to develop and implement stakeholder engagement and communication strategies that build awareness, transparency and adoption of our MLA’s activities and programs.
This position will lead the engagement with Peak Councils, Federal Government and various allied industry agencies to maintain and build strong partnerships that enable the delivery of MLA’s business objectives. The position will also lead MLA’s role in developing and implementing rapid responses to issues and crises that may impact the credibility of MLA and the Australian red meat and livestock industry.
- Develop and implement MLA’s corporate communications strategy,
- Provide ongoing advice and strategic input to the Board, Managing Director and the Leadership Team,
- Develop the stakeholder engagement strategy and manage execution, coordination and the monitoring of strategy effectiveness. Ensure the integrity of the CRM system and adoption of the CRM system by MLA employees,
- Develop and implement strategies to assist industry bodies and producers to respond to community concerns about the red meat and livestock industry. Including oversight of industry corporate affairs function,
- Work with Business Unit heads to lead the development of the internal stakeholder engagement and communications strategy,
- Lead the development of the annual events calendar,
- Work with Business Units to ensure the effective promotion, communication and adoption of major products, services and innovation to members and levy payers,
- Design, develop and implement the membership strategy to ensure ongoing growth and satisfaction,
- Design, develop and implement the community engagement strategy,
- Ensure effective omni-channel communication with members, levy payers, government, and other external and internal stakeholders via the leadership of a corporate communications publishing hub,
- Lead issues and crisis management including monitoring and analysis of the socio-political environment and proactive planning for key issues,
- Lead the team responsible for media management,
- Lead the preparation for Senate Estimates, Stat Farming Association (SFA) meetings and manage supporting workflows to ensure key issues briefs maintained,
- Establish and maintain a high performing engaged team and foster a values-based culture that supports knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- Tertiary qualifications in public relations, communications, journalism or related discipline,
- Exceptional communication skills,
- Extensive experience in developing and executing corporate communications strategy, media and issues management and government relations,
- Extensive experience in the leadership and development of a high-performance team,
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and adhere to strict deadlines, whilst retaining sight of longer-term strategy and goals,
- Strong influencing skills,
- Strong project management and organisational skills,
- Broad understanding of the Australian livestock and red meat industry
- Capacity to work closely with MD, Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
This role will be based in North Sydney or Brisbane with regular domestic travel required.